Tis the season of sunburn, sleep deprivation, crankiness, and feeling blah about getting back into work….
Is your mind trapped in memories of being by the pool, at the beach, relaxing with a cold one over BBQs?
Signs you need to address to keep the motivation, inspiration and income flowing:
- Too much sunlight – it’s true too much sunlight can play havoc with our mood regulation hormones, causing moodiness, crankiness and unfun-ness. Just because the sun is up doesn’t’ mean there isn’t time to rest and relax.
- Sleep-deprivation – as if getting quality sleep isn’t enough, summer time can mess with your sleep further by giving you an energy surge at bedtime.
- Heat and humidity put you out-of-whack causing symptoms such as feeling revved up, agitated, antsy, uncomfortable and don’t know what to do with yourself.
- Loss of appetite – “Good,” you may say, but oh no grasshopper, loss of appetite activates your body’s fright or flight response causing more havoc on your body which leads to even less motivation and production.
- Overwhelm overload – preparing your mindset for the worst, hottest, stickiest day or night’s sleep.
Close your eyes and feel the summer breeze with these refreshing strategies for getting back into business:
- Get a good start on your day, start winding down earlier, turn down the lights, put away all electronics, listen to calming music, drink a cup of tea or read a book.
- Take the pressure off by writing a list; start with the small stuff, eat your frogs and reduce distractions – turn off phone application and e-mail notifications, limit social media…don’t worry, everyone else is back at work - you aren’t missing out.
- Prepare nourishing food to snack on during the day instead of having big meals, keep your body powered with food and water.
- Get back in touch with your clients/customers, suppliers and partnerships and find out what they need. Spend some time with your team and business, assess the effectiveness of your business - what are your goals, plans and actions?
Rejuvenate and re-energise with the Gernius 1-hour Motivator Kit Programme.
The only person to take the steps for success is you. We inspire you to take charge of your business, life and success. At team Gernius we believe having a coach makes the difference between having a life and living a life.
We are here to assist. We will apply our eye for detail, and engage the systems we have in place, to enable us to ensure that you DO schedule time to work on your own business and in the S.M.A.R.T.er way.
Extraordinary results, genius!